17 Daily Exercises Taffanel & Gaubert: Choi Edition (Studies and Etudes)
17 Daily Exercises Taffanel & Gaubert: Choi Edition (Studies and Etudes) by Paul Taffanel and Philippe Gaubert, Edited by Jasmine Choi, Published by Theodore Presser Company.
The complete 17 Grands Exercices Journaliers with Practice Strategies and Expanded Exercises.
Taffanel & Gaubert’s 17 DAILY EXERCISES has long been the standard source for daily warm-ups and general practice. Flute virtuoso Jasmine Choi provides a must-have expanded edition presenting the complete and authentic original “T&G” enhanced by additional exercises and suggestions for further facility and elegance, along with extra workouts for the expanded low and high ranges. This new edition appears in a crisp, new engraving optimized for easy reading, with commentary and instructions from Ms. Choi based on her own notes to herself in the copy she used as a student.
This new edition:
• Includes the 17 Daily Exercises in their authentic form, fully compatible with the historical edition to facilitate teaching and class assignments.
• Presents the 17 Daily Exercises in a crisp new engraving, optimized for readability on paper and tablets of any size.
• Adds extra exercises for extended range, not available elsewhere, to build facility down to Low B and up to D4.
• Provides commentary and advice, suggesting how, why, and even when to practice each of the Exercises.
• Shows Ms. Choi’s markings and wisdom gathered from an array of her former teachers including Julius Baker and Jeffrey Khaner.
• Illustrates the historical edition’s instructions to repeat patterns in different keys, using fully written-out examples not available elsewhere.