The Young (at Heart) Flute Player Book 6 (Studies)
The Young (at Heart) Flute Player Book 6 for Adult and Teenage Learners By Karen North, Published by Theodore Presser Company.
This book is written specifically for adult learners and teenage learners. It contains everything needed for a great start in playing the flute. There are 30 progressive units, with new material introduced gradually. The scales are related directly to the pieces, and the exercises help students practice new material, or prepare the difficult sections of a piece.
There is a wide range of music by composers such as Mozart, Beethoven, Bartok and Dvorak, plus traditional tunes from around the world. The arrangements include solos, duets and pieces with optional piano accompaniment (piano parts in Book 3).
To help students practice, there are FREE YOUTUBE recordings for every piece, as well piano backing tracks and duet recordings.
The Young At Heart Flute Player also features:
- Easy-to-read fingering charts for every note of the flute
- Photo guides for assembling the flute and cleaning the flute
- Manuscript paper
- Scales charts
- Theory reference section
- Beginner-Preliminary (start of Grade 1)
- 56 pages
- 32 exercises (including tone development)
- 49 pieces
- Time signatures 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 6/8, 2/2
- Pitch range from E bottom line of staff to A above staff
- Scales – 5 note F Major, 5 note G Major, octave G major, F major, E minor, D minor, F chromatic
- Introduction of tonguing, slurs, ties, staccato, mezzo staccato
- Introduction of dynamics